Cheesy Crumbed Hake
4 hake fillets, skinned and boned
A little salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tablesp. chopped coriander
1 teasp. drained capers
4 tablesp. reduced fat mayonnaise
4 heaped tablesp. white breadcrumbs
3 heaped tablesp. grated Cheddar Cheese
1 tablesp. of chopped fresh Coriander
Grated rind of 1 lime
To serve: steamed potatoes and sautéed Leeks
1. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4, 180°C (360°F).
2. Wipe the fish fillets with kitchen paper to get them as dry as possible, then place them in a lightly oiled roasting tin.
3. Season with a little salt and black pepper, mix the chopped coriander and capers into the mayonnaise. Add a little seasoning, then spread the coriander mayo all over the top surface of the fish.
4. Combine the breadcrumbs, cheese, coriander and lime rind and sprinkle this over the fish as evenly as possible.
5. Place in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes. When it is cooked the topping will be crispy and golden and the fish will flake easily with a fork.
Serve with steamed potatoes, tossed in chives and lemon juice, and sautéed leeks