Halibut with Lemon Dill Sauce
Ingredients: (Serves 2) 2 halibut fillets, 1/2 tablespoon oil, 1/2 tablespoon butter, 1 shallot (chopped), 1 cloves garlic (chopped), 1/2 cup of white wine, 2 tablespoons capers, 1 tablespoon butter, 1 lemon (zest and juice), 2 tablespoons of dill or parsley (chopped) salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the oil and melt the butter in a pan.
- Season the halibut with salt and pepper.
- Add the halibut to the pan, cook until lightly golden brown on both sides, 3-5 minute per side.
- Set the halibut aside.
- Add the shallots to the pan and sauté until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the white wine and deglaze the pan.
- Simmer to reduce the sauce a bit.
- Turn off the heat and add the capers, butter, lemon and dill or parsley.
- Serve over your favourite pasta.